Vrbata Reportedly Coming Back

This is the place to talk all Coyotes hockey.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Vrbata Reportedly Coming Back

Postby penfold314 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:45 pm

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2016/8/14/12478290/report-radim-vrbata-to-sign-one-year-deal-with-the-arizona-coyotes

looks like he may be back. At 35, a 1 year contracts looks good. He has his best year with the Coyotes, so as long as GM didn't pay crazy money, I like the potential signing.
penfold314
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Vrbata Reportedly Coming Back

Postby Matzel on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:58 am

Keep the dumpster dive alive! (an old GMDM tradition)

Rumored to be a 1 year / $1 million base deal with incentives & bonuses for GP/G/A/P playoffs, etc.

Even though his best years are clearly behind him, they can't really go wrong at that price point and with that term. Let's hope he'll develop some chemistry and pots a few.
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby penfold314 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:39 pm

Matzel wrote:Keep the dumpster dive alive! (an old GMDM tradition)

Rumored to be a 1 year / $1 million base deal with incentives & bonuses for GP/G/A/P playoffs, etc.

Even though his best years are clearly behind him, they can't really go wrong at that price point and with that term. Let's hope he'll develop some chemistry and pots a few.

1M is still a good deal even he can only produce as a 4th line winger. If he can score 10g and be somewhat defensively responsible, it'll be a good signing.
penfold314
Prospect
Prospect

Postby CBL on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm not a big fan of the new addition, but we desperately needed a right-handed RW, so I'm okay with it for this season (at the price). I would have preferred someone younger, but there ain't much out there at this point.
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Meh - Vrbata still brings skills for shootouts and should be a lock for at least 20 goals/20 assists. It gives the dogs leverage in the Rieder saga (sad as it is). One year - move on.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Return to Coyotes Corner